About Jesus C.O.U.sins

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Post Prayer


Ok, so you've prayed. You came out the prayer closet, nose dripping, for most mascera running, for others knees on fire- you ready to see some action. You have prayed like never before and you now waiting to see God move in your life. In the meantime, what are we suppose to do. Today, my personal studies was about how people either pray with the wrong intentions or pray and keep other options. How many of us are guilty of praying, but having a back up plan just incase things dont pop off as fast as we need them to.
What I have learned when it comes to praying is to first, pray for the right thing. I do not pray for things for my own selfish ambitions. "Lord I pray for that $2,000 couture blouse I saw on Miami Beach so that one day I too can wear it and make others envy me when they see my $2,000 blouse all the stars wear." Unfortunately, that is one prayer that will fall on death ears. I did learn one thing from my mother however during one of our many shopping trips, "Lord, if its your will for me to have this, make a way for me to get it." I learned that God answers prayers. I could run down so many testimonies I personally have and show you how awesome God its Nevertheless, if you alive and kicking right now, I can only assume you know the power of God.
I read the Message Bible. It puts everything in terms so that I can understand clearly what the Lord is trying to say. Today I read about praying with simplicity. It was saying how these so call pray warriors come up with formulas to get your prayer through to God. It said the prayer should be real simple and it covers all basis. This is Matthew 6:7-13 (go to Bible.com and read the Message Translation)
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Do what's best - as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes Yes Yes

That prayer above covered it all. Yet, what are we suppose to do once we have prayed. We wait! Dont go out trying to come up with plan B, C, D. Now of course faith without works is dead, but you know what you ask for. And if you are sincere about it, God will lay it on your heart what it is you are suppose to be doing next. Remember God's timing is perfect. I remember one day, Shelt (my guy) and I were watching Family feud. It was the at the end where the two family members get thirty seconds to answer a series of questions. Well the first family member did OK if my memory serves me correctly it is 200 points they need to win $20,000. So the other family member got up, answered his questions, and by the looks of things, they could kiss that $20,000 goodbye. They got all the way to the last question in which he needed 51 points to win and BAM! 51 POINTS! Shelt and I looked at each other in disbelief. We never seen a question that provided that many points for the number one answer. So now we have this running thing saying "51 points". In other words, He may not come when you want Him to, but He will be on time.

In post prayer, trust and believe in the Lord. Make sure you prayed the right prayer. Don't seek after the Earth's material riches, seek those things of the kingdom of God. Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all things will he added unto you. Matthew 6:33. Until next time.

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Foot Work

Our new community project for the 1st Quarter will be "Foot Work" Our goal is to supply 50 pairs of new shoes for those searching or headed back to work. We want to supply comfortable working shoes and remind other C.O.U.sins to allow God to order their steps in His word. We need brand new or barely worn shoes to make this a success. Would you like to be involved? Click our volunteer button and let us know how you would like to get involved.

Evening Chats

We will be having evening chats every Wednesday and Thursday this month. Our chat room will be open for those who just want to come and chat and fellowship online with other Christians. Chat room will open at 7:00pm.

Ideas

We are looking for ideas for our second quarter community project. Please email us your ideas jesuscousin@ymail.com
 

Popular Posts

Im Jesus Cousin Copyright © 2010 Yesmam.net