About Jesus C.O.U.sins

Friday, May 7, 2010

Take the Advice



I was always taught to respect my elders. When you think elders, you think the people older than you. However, would you apply that to someone in the Christian faith. Would you respect an "elder" someone who has been a Christian longer than you yet physically younger than you. One thing that I find is that older people from time to time will not stop and listen to what I have to say. Honestly, even though I may not have been born before an "older" person, I was reborn before them. I have studied longer and harder. I have been living for Jesus longer. I have seniority in the kingdom.
God uses all kinds of people to get his message out. Whether it be a rich man or a poor man, a child or an adult. It is up to us to take heed with the lessons and messages He sends us and not make it about a physcial age or a certain income. If you have found your self only willing to listen to people who are older than you (physically), or perhaps higher ranking in the church and ignore others you may think "doesn't know what their talking about" now is the time to stop! You must realize that God is in control and he can use anyone. Bottom line, have the same respect across the board for all Christians trying to spread the word of God. Keep and open mind and open heart. Do not turn a deaf ear to a person just because they don't meet your standards. I once heard my aunt say, "I'm glad God don't use the same standards I use when accepting people, non of yall would be saved."

Jeremiah 1

Demolish, and Then Start Over

1 -4 The Message of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah of the family of priests who lived in Anathoth in the country of Benjamin. God's Message began to come to him during the thirteenth year that Josiah son of Amos reigned over Judah. It continued to come to him during the time Jehoiakim son of Josiah reigned over Judah. And it continued to come to him clear down to the fifth month of the eleventh year of the reign of Zedekiah son of Josiah over Judah, the year that Jerusalem was taken into exile. This is what God said:

5"Before I shaped you in the womb,
I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day,
I had holy plans for you: A prophet to the nations—
that's what I had in mind for you."

6But I said, "Hold it, Master God! Look at me.
I don't know anything. I'm only a boy!"

7 -8God told me, "Don't say, 'I'm only a boy.'
I'll tell you where to go and you'll go there. I'll tell you what to say and you'll say it.
Don't be afraid of a soul. I'll be right there, looking after you."
God's Decree.

9 -10God reached out, touched my mouth, and said,
"Look! I've just put my words in your mouth—hand-delivered! See what I've done? I've given you a job to do
among nations and governments—a red-letter day! Your job is to pull up and tear down,
take apart and demolish, And then start over,
building and planting."

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Foot Work

Our new community project for the 1st Quarter will be "Foot Work" Our goal is to supply 50 pairs of new shoes for those searching or headed back to work. We want to supply comfortable working shoes and remind other C.O.U.sins to allow God to order their steps in His word. We need brand new or barely worn shoes to make this a success. Would you like to be involved? Click our volunteer button and let us know how you would like to get involved.

Evening Chats

We will be having evening chats every Wednesday and Thursday this month. Our chat room will be open for those who just want to come and chat and fellowship online with other Christians. Chat room will open at 7:00pm.

Ideas

We are looking for ideas for our second quarter community project. Please email us your ideas jesuscousin@ymail.com
 

Popular Posts

Im Jesus Cousin Copyright © 2010 Yesmam.net