About Jesus C.O.U.sins

Friday, May 7, 2010

FAITH POINTS



This week has been a week that I can say God has shown me his power. The preacher on Sunday spoke about Faith Points. Faith Points are points that are gained when the Lord does something for you that strengthens your faith and it becomes a reference point for you. Whenever you need to refer back to a time when the Lord blessed you, you will refer back to your Faith Points. Well I had another Faith Point added to my life this past week. I had no gas and no money at the time and I had to go to training for my new job. I knew I could make it there and maybe back home but once I got back home, it was a wrap, I could not go anywhere else. I prayed all morning asking the Lord to take care of me and my girlfriend told me to have faith and believe. So I said "OK, I will put this into the hands of the Lord". I got in the car looked at the gas line and looked at my pockets and said "Lord, I am going to have Faith that you will take care of me because you always do." I pulled off and drove to work. When I got there the low fuel light was on and I was just like "Lord I am going to trust in you." I get into work and the manager comes in and hands me $50 for winning a contest from the day before. I went to the bathroom and gave the Lord praise and thanks. When you think that the Lord is not listening or HE does not care about you, I dare you to put ALL you trust and faith in HIM and I GUARANTEE that you will get another FAITH POINT added to your life!!!

2 Corinthians 1: 8-11

8 -11We don't want you in the dark, friends, about how hard it was when all this came down on us in Asia province. It was so bad we didn't think we were going to make it. We felt like we'd been sent to death row, that it was all over for us. As it turned out, it was the best thing that could have happened. Instead of trusting in our own strength or wits to get out of it, we were forced to trust God totally—not a bad idea since he's the God who raises the dead! And he did it, rescued us from certain doom. And he'll do it again, rescuing us as many times as we need rescuing. You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation—I don't want you in the dark about that either. I can see your faces even now, lifted in praise for God's deliverance of us, a rescue in which your prayers played such a crucial part.

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Foot Work

Our new community project for the 1st Quarter will be "Foot Work" Our goal is to supply 50 pairs of new shoes for those searching or headed back to work. We want to supply comfortable working shoes and remind other C.O.U.sins to allow God to order their steps in His word. We need brand new or barely worn shoes to make this a success. Would you like to be involved? Click our volunteer button and let us know how you would like to get involved.

Evening Chats

We will be having evening chats every Wednesday and Thursday this month. Our chat room will be open for those who just want to come and chat and fellowship online with other Christians. Chat room will open at 7:00pm.

Ideas

We are looking for ideas for our second quarter community project. Please email us your ideas jesuscousin@ymail.com
 

Popular Posts

Im Jesus Cousin Copyright © 2010 Yesmam.net