About Jesus C.O.U.sins

Monday, March 14, 2011

I Confess: I've Been Disobedient



My parents allowed me to start driving as soon as I got a document to say I could drive. When I was younger I had a vehicle before many of my high school peers. On the weekends, my curfew was 11pm, and I was to be in no later than that. At the time, I couldn't understand why, but to continue to be able to drive my car, I would comply. It was a Saturday night and my bestfriend at the time was riding with me. I had timed it where I could drop her off at home and be back at my house right at 11pm. Well, my friend lost her house key and didn't notice until we was at her house. Her mother wasn't home and there was no one to let her in. She asked me to take her back to the restaurant where we spent our evening. I knew that I really didn't have time, but I figured my parents would understand- I was helping out my friend. I decided to call my mother and let her know, but she told me that both of us needed to come back to my house and we would find the keys in the morning. Well, I didn't think that was a good idea so I decided to go ahead and take my friend back to find the keys.
Long story made short, we found the keys, I dropped her off and went home. I came home to two angry parents. No matter how much I tried to explain why I did what I did, they weren't trying to hear me out. I was doomed to punishment and my keys were taken away. Later my mother explained that she had given me specific instructions on what she wanted me to do. She informed me that high school girls shouldn't be out late and didn't want anything to happen to me. She let me know that she understood why I did what I did, but it wasn't what she told me to do and she over-rules all my decisions. Therefore, I had to be punished to reinforce who is in charge, and to enforce how important it is to obey her commands.
I didn't understand it then, but I get it now. God treats us the same way. Many times he gives us instructions and we think we can do it better or our way is the right way. When we go against God's word and God's commandments, God has to do as my parents did... punish for disobedience.
This week on Jesus C.O.U.sin we will explore what disobedience is, we will dissect it, and we will dig deep into disobedience as it relates to our lives. It is important that we understand the actions we engage in that are unpleasing in God's eyes. It is equally important that we understand what happens as a result as our disobedience.

Isaiah 42:24-25 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law. Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

Until Next time...

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Foot Work

Our new community project for the 1st Quarter will be "Foot Work" Our goal is to supply 50 pairs of new shoes for those searching or headed back to work. We want to supply comfortable working shoes and remind other C.O.U.sins to allow God to order their steps in His word. We need brand new or barely worn shoes to make this a success. Would you like to be involved? Click our volunteer button and let us know how you would like to get involved.

Evening Chats

We will be having evening chats every Wednesday and Thursday this month. Our chat room will be open for those who just want to come and chat and fellowship online with other Christians. Chat room will open at 7:00pm.

Ideas

We are looking for ideas for our second quarter community project. Please email us your ideas jesuscousin@ymail.com
 

Popular Posts

Im Jesus Cousin Copyright © 2010 Yesmam.net