About Jesus C.O.U.sins

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ben's Intervention


Ben's Intervention

I was raised with Christian beliefs, but I had a difficult time with my faith in my earlier days. I began doing drugs and drinking alcohol in my early teens.

The Most Important Things

Drugs and alcohol quickly became the most important things in my life. Although I didn't see the problems this would cause me then, looking back I recall the immediate changes in my decision making process. As time went by, the church, my family, and school became much less important to me. Before I knew it, my whole life was wrapped up in drugs and alcohol.

I was drinking and getting high on a daily basis. I dropped out of school and ran away from home. By the time I was 16, I was living on the streets.

An Intervention

It all came down to my mom contacting me on Christmas, pleading with me to come over and visit her on Christ's birthday. So I went and had breakfast with her.

I'm not sure how it all got started. Either she said something I didn't want to hear, or I didn't get what I wanted. Like I'd done so many times before, I treated her badly. I began yelling and swearing and pushing her away. It was so bad she had to call the police on me again.

The police came and told me that I needed to leave; I wasn't welcome there any longer. I left my parent's home and went to a grocery store where I stole two beers and went back to drinking.

Something Different

But this time something was different. I wasn't getting the relief that I needed. Suddenly, I knew I had to stop drinking. I spoke to God for the first time in years and asked for his help.

The help quickly came and people started intervening in my life. I stopped drinking and doing drugs with the help of Jesus' love and the love from those who loved him.

One of the men who helped me was from Christian Intervention. He explained to me how Jesus and other Christians had helped him turn his life around. It has been seven years since that time, and I have not returned to alcohol or drugs. I have continued to turn to Christ and I've seen how I can help others in his name. My life keeps becoming more and more enjoyable; It's better than I could have ever imagined.

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Foot Work

Our new community project for the 1st Quarter will be "Foot Work" Our goal is to supply 50 pairs of new shoes for those searching or headed back to work. We want to supply comfortable working shoes and remind other C.O.U.sins to allow God to order their steps in His word. We need brand new or barely worn shoes to make this a success. Would you like to be involved? Click our volunteer button and let us know how you would like to get involved.

Evening Chats

We will be having evening chats every Wednesday and Thursday this month. Our chat room will be open for those who just want to come and chat and fellowship online with other Christians. Chat room will open at 7:00pm.

Ideas

We are looking for ideas for our second quarter community project. Please email us your ideas jesuscousin@ymail.com
 

Popular Posts

Im Jesus Cousin Copyright © 2010 Yesmam.net