About Jesus C.O.U.sins

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dont Rush What You Are Not Ready For



I must start off by saying saying Songs of Solomon is a better read than any romantic novel I have ever read. In today's chapter the woman is talking about missing her man. But she missed him horribly. So much that she got up, got dressed, roamed the city in search of him. The police stopped her, she asked them where her man was. And soon after that she found him. But again, like chapter 2, she warns ladies do not stir up love or seek after it unless you are prepared for the back lash.

In this instense we talk about love, but what about other situations. Many of us want so bad to be in an organization, or get a job, or be in the lime light but we are not ready. With more opportunities come more responsibilities. It is important that we are ready and we wait for God to move us in certain situations. Many times people like to act off their own free will and do whatever it is that they want to do. They are often left looking crazy and dazed when things don t work out as planned. To tie this all back into Songs of Solomon, we see by the woman's actions that her extreme passion for Solomon had her up in the middle of the night searching for him.

Songs of Solomon 3: 1 -4 Restless in bed and sleepless through the night, I longed for my lover. I wanted him desperately. His absence was painful. So I got up, went out and roved the city, hunting through streets and down alleys. I wanted my lover in the worst way! I looked high and low, and didn't find him. And then the night watchmen found me as they patrolled the darkened city. "Have you seen my dear lost love?" I asked. No sooner had I left them than I found him, found my dear lost love. I threw my arms around him and held him tight, wouldn't let him go until I had him home again, safe at home beside the fire.

Looking back, I'm sure you have done some crazy things not only for the one you loved, but for a situation you wanted so badly to work out. Remember to make sure GOD is first in all your pursuits. Make sure you are in the will of God when you find yourself going to the extreme for someone or a situation. Until Next time....

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Foot Work

Our new community project for the 1st Quarter will be "Foot Work" Our goal is to supply 50 pairs of new shoes for those searching or headed back to work. We want to supply comfortable working shoes and remind other C.O.U.sins to allow God to order their steps in His word. We need brand new or barely worn shoes to make this a success. Would you like to be involved? Click our volunteer button and let us know how you would like to get involved.

Evening Chats

We will be having evening chats every Wednesday and Thursday this month. Our chat room will be open for those who just want to come and chat and fellowship online with other Christians. Chat room will open at 7:00pm.

Ideas

We are looking for ideas for our second quarter community project. Please email us your ideas jesuscousin@ymail.com
 

Popular Posts

Im Jesus Cousin Copyright © 2010 Yesmam.net